CureZone   Log On   Join
hmmm....core beliefs?

daizy4 Views: 1,750
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 689,639

hmmm....core beliefs?

I think that I have moved from "beliefs" to a kind of "knowing" and experiential awareness of God. but not really knowing....I still savor some of the traditions of my Catholic upbringing, such as the sacrament of the Eucharist, knowing that it is indeed the ENERGY and ESSENSE of the body and blood of Jesus .....although I rarely attend Mass anymore....

Much of my Christian spirituality resonates most with the mideaval mystics, Julian of Norwich, John of the Cross, Teresa of Avila, Hildegard of Bingen....and modern day mystics such as Thomas Merton, Matthew Fox (Creation Spirituality) and others.

Bede Griffiths, another mystic, says "The ultimate Mystery of being, the ultimate Truth, is Love. This is the essential structure of reality. When Dante spoke of the 'love which moves the sun and the other stars', he was not using a metaphor, but was describing the nature of reality. There is in Being an infinite desire to give itself in love and this gift of Self in love is forever answered by a return of love....and so the rhythm of the universe is created."

I feel that God's grace takes the form of his/her energies. The "energies" of God is the love, the intimate love our spirit feels in communion with God and God with us. The energies can also be the way we perceive the imprint of God upon this world. But the imprint is not the thing itself, not completely but yet completely in each encounter.

and Lao Tzu said it well... "One who says he knows does not know. One who says she doesn't know, knows." And if there is anything I "know" after years of contemplation and spiritual searching, it's how little I know. For me, the message of Christianity is that what you know doesn't matter.... but what and how you love, does.

I don't know if any of this makes sense....sometimes there are not words....and I probably did not answer your question....I am comfortable with uncertainty and/or not having the answers, and that does not make for very good beliefs....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)