CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: follow up for Aunty...

aunty Views: 2,117
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 6,891

Re: follow up for Aunty...

Hello again,

First, let me address the crystals in the disposable diapers. You are correct about the formulation of the crystals as a result of the uric acid. The formulation of such crystals are common in dehydrated babies; but can also be found in healthy babies. Your baby's formulation is most probably a result of the disposable diapers, not dehydration. Sometimes the ultra absorbent diapers leave crystals on a baby's skin when the diapers get really wet.

The persistence of your son's eczema flareup indicates that an additional eczema culprit (not yet identified) may still be effecting his system (body/environment). For my nieces, in addition to the food allergen, we had to address the dust mites. For your son, you want to make sure that all of the instigating culprits for eczema flareup have been identified; so that the healing process is not compromised. The stress of teething also produces eczema flareups in infants prone to eczema breakouts. The primary location of your son's flareup on the face may be indicative of the teething. This is just one possibility. Another instigating factor could be saliva from household pets or pet dander. Yet another major instigating factor is household water supply treated with fluoride or chlorine. In any regard, compromises to the healing process is why I stress addressing all three areas of eczema focus (internal, external, and foreign) simultaneously.

It took two weeks for us to witness the complete results of the Burt's Bees buttermilk lotion on my nieces skin. Had we stopped at day 3 before receiving complete manifestation of the skin healing, I probably wouldn't be posting messages today. We knew to continue the process simply because we noticed immediate improvement in the skin. Having said that, I'm not saying that you didn't make the right choice in discontinuing with the Burt's Bees lotion or other skin remedies if it was indeed proven that those items didn't render any improvement in your son's skin. I would be the first to tell you to find an alternative that works (there are many alternatives). If indeed your son's skin worsened after the application of the Buttermilk lotion, you definitely needed to stop the application (as this is indication of an allergen to the lotion).

I don't know whether or not you've tried almond oil on your son. This is what we used for my nieces head/scalp area to clear up the cradle cap. Vitamin E oil may be another good solution to target the rest of his body.

At about the 5 month old mark vegetables (semi-solid) can be added to your son's diet. Baby foods like carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, spinach, green beans, and beets are some of the food items that can be introduced. In particular; carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, and spinach are immune boosting food items. Also to help with his immune health and to address his deficiencies, you may want to consider a liquid multivitamin supplement for infants. In addition to a liquid multivitamin for the girls, we also occassionally gave the girls water in a small (cup size) baby bottle. This helped to flush the system of toxins.

Finally and because your wife is your son's main food source, she may want to take a look at the wholehealthmd.com website to view the "healing eczema with what you eat" section. In addition to providing information regarding the deficiencies that eczema represents and the types of food that a person could consume to replenish those deficiences, the site also provides recipes for meals created to target the deficiencies and to boost immune health.

Another point that I want to make to both you and your wife is that you are to be commended in your efforts to take the extra steps that you have in order to promote your child's health. It may seem frustrating and a lot of work initially; but believe me, this initial hard work does pay off. Eventually (sooner than you think) and when your son's immune health is strengthened, his body will, then, be able to take over the fight and realize the same successful results that my nieces have enjoyed for years now.

aunty
©

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.121 sec, (2)