CureZone   Log On   Join
Makers Diet and Acne

Views: 5,180
Published: 19 years ago

Makers Diet and Acne

Hi

I have been following these forums for quite some time now and after having learned so much from all of you I would like to contribute for once. I have as you can imagine suffered from Acne since I was very young. I recall being one of the first people having it when I was a kid. It has had quite an impact on my self-esteem over the years and I am finally reaching a place where I can perform despite it. I can sympathize with the sadness that all Acne sufferers endure. Not too long ago after watching others go through the atkins diet, I realized that their complexion always appeared to clear up despite the belief that meat and Acne are generally intertwined. There may be some relationship but, not as strong as I believe most may lead you to believe. Later, I came across a copy of the makers diet and found the author preached a lot about removing processed foods from our diet especially processed carbs. I tried it and it worked. I did the Makers diet for a period of a little over a month and I realized my breakouts stopped. It was hard because historically I have been a very undisciplined eater. I always wondered why even starving kids on tv never seemed to have acne despite the horrible conditions of their lives and I am beginning to believe that the advent of food technology is partially the culprit. That is why acne is considered primarily a western disease. This diet convinced me that you can eat natural foods and see results. I have a very extensive case of acne including our my back, forearms, face and neck on occasion. I have had doctors to tell me that back acne was difficult to treat but even all of that cleared up. Is anyone else aware of the connection between highly processed carbs, natural foods and acne?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)