CureZone   Log On   Join
Edited

breathless Views: 3,331
Published: 20 y

Edited

n/t ©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

Dear folks on this forum:

I have been reading these various forums on Acne and treatments for the last few hours and felt compelled to join so, I could share mine with you. Have I lived "less" because of acne? YES. No question about it. I strated out with cystic Acne when I was about 16 and I still have it today. I am 45 years old now. I had permanent cysts that would come back over and over again. Some were the same for 20 years and just kept recurring in the same spot. I have a terrible complexion. I squeezed, poked with needles, went to dermatologists, went on accutane 3 times, etc. etc. It got so bad that I stopped going out of the house. Well, the only way to spend that much time alone and be ok with it was to get high. So began a journey of extreme pot smoking (25 years now and still going strong). Booze, I will tell you right now, is the single most worse thing to consume if you siffer from acne. Anyways, I have smoked cigarettes since age 12 and have been a heavy drinker all my life (beer only). I put quite a bit of Sugar in my coffee and tea and eat loads of bread and cheese. Most of meals are out (ordered in, usually). I had plastic surgery done over the last few years (about 400 to 500 stitches in my face) and the surgeon removed all the permanent cysts that I had. Mostly what he found were balls of hair (ingrown) and of course, puss. The surgeries were extreme and I am happy to report, my complexion, although not perfect, is vastly improved. I can, and will, have more surgeries to correct the surface now. Essentially, the surgeon cuts the scars out so, instead of having a pit, there is a tiny scar line. Well, thanks to polysporin, even the tiny scar lines aren't left behind. Trust me, there were times when I was physically deformed from the cysts. Interestingly, I have always managed to show the world my happy face and have always been popular and had girlfriends. I've been married twice and have never had problems getting dates...when I tried. There is something to be said for a good peronality coupled with being around down to earth people who like you for who you are. I suffer in silence...I guess that's what I'm saying here. I understand the huge mental affect it has on you. The single most accurate statement that describes me was said by the boy in the movie "Mask" when he was reading his poem about the things that he liked and the things he didn't like. Under both headings, he said: "The sun shining on my face." The way I've looked at it is that we are all dealt some heavy blows in our lives and unfortuneately there will be times when we are not able to deal with them in the perfect way. I certainly cannot. I guess that's the *%#&¤?§*ty thing about being human. Incidentally, guess what I do for a living? I'm geologist, but my main function is business development...sales and marketing in environmental engineering. I am one of the top sales people in the business. I am face to face with clients constantly. I am somehow able to put on a different "face" when I leave the house. Anyways, the one thing that I have noticed that really helps Acne and redness is the consumption of water. Drink copious amounts and this alone will improve your skin within 2 days. Stop consuming sugar! Eat organic foods and balanced diets. Does a Liver Flush really help acne? YES! And please, get out of the house, go for a walk, go to public places and hold your head up high (for as long as you can). Look people in the face when you talk to them and smile and laugh every chance you get. I have tried all of these things from time to time and my skin improved ten fold and my face looked great. I just need to get more serious and change mentire lifstyle. I thank all of you who have posted here because I feel as though I have woken up today. I need to make some permanent changes to my life...NOW! I'll keep you "posted." Your friend,

Breathless.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)