CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The art of making kefir- Help?

MentalNomad Views: 8,839
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 658,667

Re: The art of making kefir- Help?

Hi Frosty :)

1. Mine float, but I have a plastic lid on my jar to keep out contaminants, so my grain doesn't ever get crusty. Crusty doesn't sound good for it...If you don't want to use a plastic lid maybe a papertowel with a rubberband to help keep moisture in?

2. Mine is runny most of the time, it is thicker the less milk I add though. What you may have drank from a friend long ago was Kefir culture, not the same thing as kefir grain kefir. :)

3. Hum, I wouldn't think it needed any acidopholis. But mine doesn't really seem to have a yeasty flavor either, just a sour kick. I always make smoothies, eggnog, or something so I don't drink it plain, so it might taste different to me that way too...

4. I don't know what to tell you about the candida, I've been drinking kefir for a little over a month practicly everyday and my Sugar cravings have went through the roof since I've started taking it and haven't stopped. Like you, after all this time I just don't think it is die off anymore...I have been having to use town bought cows milk till Morgan changes to fresh cows milk because between him and Angel they are drinking all the fresh goats milk. I'm wondering if that is what is making the difference? I have no idea. Before drinking the kefir I was not having any candida symtoms, just wanted to be taking a probiotic, but the increased Sugar cravings is not good for me and I really don't understand where they are coming from!

5. Have you read Dom's site? It is really informational. :) It is here on one of these two pages, should be easy to find. :) Well, hope this helps a little? Caitlin Lorraine

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)