CureZone   Log On   Join
The art of making kefir- Help?

Frosty Views: 10,555
Published: 21 y

The art of making kefir- Help?

I am getting in to making Kefir to overcome immune system and candida problems. I have run in to a couple of problems, or I should say that it is not working out like I thought.

So here are a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. Should the grains float? Mine do and they get crusty on the top. I shake the container or stir the Kefir a couple of times to stop this but it always ends up like this.

2. Mine is runny and tastes like yeast. I have had it made by someone else a long time ago and theirs was thick and creamy- they hadn't added anything. Which is it supposed to be? Or how can I get it to go thick? I have tried different milks and length of fermenting times- without luck.

3. Can you add acidophilus to the fermenting Kefir to get it to be more acidophilus than yeast?

4. Has anyone had a bad experience with Kefir? It seems to be making my candida worse. My allergies and chemical sensitivities are getting worse again. This usually means my candida is worse. I don't think it is a die off because I have been trying to drink it each day (love the taste) for almost two months.

Help!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)