CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Eczema & Skin Discolourations; Help Please?

aunty Views: 27,396
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 6,420

Re: Eczema & Skin Discolourations; Help Please?

Hello,

We used Burt's Bees Buttermilk lotion to promote the healing in my nieces severe (total body) eczema flareup. Their skin totally recovered. The difference between this lotion and the Elidel cream that you are currently using is that the lotion is a natural lotion that contains herbs and vitamins which promote skin healing. The Elidel is a synthetic medication that contains harmful side effects, which you should be aware of (especially in the case of long term usage). You have sensitive skin; therefore, you will need to seek skin care products that take your sensitive skin care needs into consideration. Besides the Burt's Bees Buttermilk lotion, there are two other options for moisturizing that you may want to consider as well. They are Borage Skin Therapy lotion by Shikai and Colloidal Oatmeal Skin Therapy by Nature's Gate. These last two options are both fragrance free. All of the natural options I've mentioned can be found at your local Whole Foods Market (a national health food chain). This store will provide you with test samples to try before making a purchase.

Regarding your doctors statement that there is no cure for eczema, please be aware that the statement does not mean that your skin can't be healed of eczema. My oldest niece has been eczema free for five years now. She was told that there was no cure as well; however she has been free of severe eczema a majority of her life. She has no recollection of her suffering; despite the severity, because her healing came quickly and has endured for a majority of her life. We identified the allergen that was affecting my nieces, we restored the moisture barrier to their skin with the Burt's Bees Buttermilk lotion, and we made sure to introduce a healthy Diet into their systems (plenty of water, fruit, and vegetables/no soft drinks or junk foods). This is what I call addressing the eczema on three fronts: internal (immune health), external (skin care), and foreign (identification of allergen/irritant). The eczema flareup is a message from your body alerting you of a toxic invasion to your system. Water flushes the toxins from your blood stream and replenishes your skin's moisture barrier. Fruits and vegetables absorb the toxins in your body and promote their elimination from your system through regular bowel movements. It is imperative to your immune health to incorporate a healthy Diet that will provide the minerals and vitamins the body needs in order to function properly. Soft drinks and processed foods/sugars cause havoc to the immune system and promote the toxic environment that hinders the bodies ability to heal. You are not too young to learn about the importance of good nutrition to the health of your body. We've already taught our nieces (5 and 3 years old) this very important lesson. They keep us on our toes and use the very lesson that we've taught them on us if we decide not to practice what we preach (smile).

aunty

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)