CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Rape of the 20th Century

Views: 1,490
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 55,603

Re: Rape of the 20th Century

I agree, but it is unfortunate in these days that some women, just becuase they are women end up with the short end of the stick.
I dont think, and this is a bit of feminism, that men would deal with such things.
I think it has gotten better than the 20 year old routine of shaving, enema, and large episiotomies.

And then there is the fact, that hospitals have all these policies which they say they must do. Do you really think prostaglandin gel should be made of pig semen? ( if that is true in the article )

There is a lot to address in that article. Not that I want people scared of giving birth at a hospital, but I want women to know they can refuse certain things. They routinely prematurely break the bag of water so as to get the woman "going". If the woman is not ready, they then say its going to be a C- section! They must force a woman to deliver within 24 hours. The water should come when the baby is being born, not artificially popped! This is another area where the woman has the right to know what to do with her own body and baby. Education is the main goal behind that article.

Then comes the forced vitamin K injections which they do not even tell you about. ( which on the label says it has caused death in newborns ) Another area which we need to know about. We can preorder the vitamin K in oral form which does not cause this risk, and settle it with our OB and hospital staff ahead of time, but only then if we are informed.

I bled heavily after my deliveries, they told me it was just me. But after doing research, I am reading that artificial Pitocin causes this. I was given artificial pitocin drops everytime. They can't even let a woman have a natural labor.?
Then I was given the injections of more pitocin to speed up and stop bleeding. Again, it probably made things worse!

I believe every woman must find a good OB, and ask a lot of questions. Read, study and stand up for their rights. Our hospital is a training ground for new students.
So yes everyone is there in the triage waiting to experience what true labor is. One by one they feel the need to impose themselves on countless women. Its like a guinea pig clinic triage chamber.

I look back now and would change a lot of things that happened to me in the past.

Bottom line, we need hospitals, but we need to be educated on our rights and what is actually needed.
I wouldnt be afraid, but I definatley am going to stand up for my self. Women have taken a lot of neglect when it comes to this area in the hospital. Its time women know whats up.

I also congratulate you and your choice in a doula, I have heard good things about them. I hope everyone can have your same experience. Some women do not know they have a right to say no. That is their right, and hospital staff can be a blessing and a trial.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)