CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Ingrown TOENAIL?

Blueduck Views: 5,683
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 543,317

Re: Ingrown TOENAIL?

I have had ingrown toe nails for as long as I can remember. I do not take my toes to the doctor. The only thing I have ever done that worked is to file down the thickness of the nail, on the part where it is ingrown. I use an emery board to do this. Once, I filed it too thin, and quite a bit was actually gone. When it finally grew back, it was almost normal !! I have also gotten temporary relief by jamming a small piece of cotton under the part of the nail where it in ingrown. I shove the cotton under there with a tooth pick at night, sleep with it, and take it out in the morning. I cut my toenails straight across and I do not cut them short...if I do cut them short, I will get a bad ingrown one for sure.

What does not work for me is to cut the nail in the part where it is ingrown. For me, it just digs in deeper when it grows back. It is tempting to do, because it does bring relief at that time. But the pain that comes when the thing grows back is not worth it.

Blueduck

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)