CureZone   Log On   Join
Diary and cheese substitutes

HealingHearts Views: 2,491
Published: 21 y

Diary and cheese substitutes

Because I can't have diary, I have found some feasible alternatives. The cheese was the hardest, after trying several of them for nacho cheese (the distributor canceled my fav nacho cheese :( ) and meltable cheese, the only one I found that was decent to my taste buds was Veggie slices (or their bigger packs) by Galaxy Nutritional Foods. I use them for my Boca Burgers and eat the slices plain, I will try their bigger packs and see if it melts like regular cheese or not. If not, I will have to go back to my regular cheese for my mac & cheese.

For my milk substitute to go with my cold cereal, I use Rice Dreams. Unless you like soy, but to me soy doesn't taste even close to milk. Neither does the Rice Dreams, but the taste blends with my cereal better than the soy milk.

For my non diary frozen dessert to replace my ice cream, I use Tofutti. I tried Rice Dreams, but rice taste for my ice cream doesn't cut it. But Tofutti frozen sandwiches are awesome. The ice cream pint size is a tad too sweet for me, could be due to the Sugar content in it, but I will stick with the sandwiches. They are just right in sweetness for me. :)

Hopefully my suggestions will help someone else out, if you don't like what I chose, I suggest that you buy just one item at a time that way you aren't throwing too much food away. :)
HH

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.143 sec, (1)