CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My total cholesterol is 269

chava Views: 6,839
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 432,499

Re: My total cholesterol is 269

I would not worry about the cholesterol either as it's very unclear whether those figures actually mean anything, but the triglycerides are also too high and that is somewhat more worrying. Ideally they should be under 150, so I think you should examine your diet. High triglycerides usually point towards an excess of carbs. I seem to remember that you said somewhere that you are a pitta type and so you probably eat a lot of grains and fruits. I would consider cutting down a bit on that and certainly avoid all White Sugar .

Before I found out that Sugar and fruit (juices) were my problem, my cholesterol and triglyceride levels were even higher than yours and this runs in my family. I used to take niacin (vitamin B3) in high doses to bring it down and that worked very well. But now I don't believe any more that removing the consequences (i.e. the elevated level) solves anything if you don't do something about the causes.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)