CureZone   Log On   Join
Hey Cranky!

Southern Belle Views: 2,370
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 422,693

Hey Cranky!

How are you? I sure do wish you would change your name. I bet you are anything but!

I am so glad you have a Walmart! You know, they were founded in Bentonville, Arkansas (about 3 hours from Little Rock) by Sam Walton, who drove a l972 pick up truck until the day he died. Honest! He was a very country, down to earth fellow.

We have Pizza Huts here, too. Chinese food is extremely popular, too. Also, Burger King, McDonald's, Sonics, Taco Bell---No Costco or Harvey's Burgers. We have places called "Fish Camps" where you go and eat catfish, hushpuppies, and fried potatoes. Ribs and barbeque are extremly popular. We also have "buffets' at every corner. That's why there are so many fat people here. At the buffets, just about everything is fried---chicken, porkchops, pickles, squash, okra---you name it, it's fried. Oh, and you just gotta eat cornbread down here. I think it's our state bread. People love hot cornbread in a glass od milk. Honest. I am not making this up. I truly believe the whole state of Mississippi could use a good colon cleansing.

A hour or so from here is the Gulf Coast where you can get all the seafood you want----fish and grits as a meal is really popular, too. I love to go down there to get those really big shrimp--Royal Reds, they are called.

We have Sears, but it's not that popular anymore. We have big malls to shop as I am sure you guys do, too.

Our grocery stores are Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, (don't laugh--it's really a grocery story chain-Ha) and even a organic grocery store, too!

My favorite place to shop for clothes is McRae's, a chain down here.

If I think of anything else, I will let you know. Isn't this fun!!!
Paulette G.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)