CureZone   Log On   Join
I got a filling and afterwards started to have sensitive teeth...3 weeks later dentist says i need root canal.

honeydo Views: 11,580
Published: 21 y

I got a filling and afterwards started to have sensitive teeth...3 weeks later dentist says i need root canal.

I went to the dentist to get a filling for a cavity and during the filling process he commented to the assistant that it was deeper than he initially thought. Afterwards my tooth became senstive to cold and aches when i chew on that side. I waited 3 weeks untill today to go see the dentist, hoping the pain would subside. He informed me that now I need a root canal.

My question is this: Could the dentist have caused me to need a root canal by drilling too deep during the cavity filling? The tooth was not sensitive at all before the filling and the pain and sensitivity started directly after the filling procedure. Could it be that after I got the filling it the symptoms of needing a root canal just showed up, not related to drilling too deep? I am in a flux here because I have read that a root canal can be needed after damage/trama to the pulp of the tooth. I am no dentist so am asking those wiser than me.

Is it possible to damage a tooth during a standard filling? Could damage caused from getting a filling that is very deep damage the tooth causing one to need a root canal?

Thanks you very much for any help with this issue.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)