CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Type of toothpaste

jamierdh Views: 3,250
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 39,165

Re: Type of toothpaste

Hello I am a dental hygienist. Plaque is a film like material made of bacteria that develops on your teeth. Plaque can be removed with a toothbrush and floss. Tater also called calculs if a harder material. Tarter can only be removed at a dentist office. It is hard like stone. You should get yorr teeth cleaned to remove the tarter because it can cause gum disease which most of the time doesn't have noticable symptons and can cause you to loose your teeth. As far as toothpaste it doesn't really matter much as long as you are brushing the plaque off. For the most part they put fancy names on them and say they do all these things to sell them. In my opinion a plain toothpaste is the best. It doesn't matter what brand. Crest, Aquafresh, Colgate, whatever - it should have an ADA seal. Fluoride in your toothpaste is important, but they all have these unless stated otherwise. I would stay away from the baking soda paste because a study is being done that they may be too harsh. the study results are not conclusive yet, but some of my patients that have had sensitivity and quit using baking soda or whitening toothpastes have had the sensitivity go away or improve. Any other questions feel free to email me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)