Since one year I follow a vegan diet, I have also done quite a few colon, kidney and Liver Cleanses and still have eczema in my scalp, so I keep on searching for a solution and I came to some information about enzyme therapy. I would like to know your experience, opinion or advise about it. This is part of the information I found:
1. Neither vitamins, minerals or hormones can do any work without enzymes.
2. Enzyme supplements can help augment the body's own pancreatic enzymes.
3. Also, we know that decreased enzyme levels are found in a number of chronic ailments, such as allergies, skin disease, and even serious diseases like diabetes and cancer.
4. Enzymes do last a long time: from twenty minutes to a few weeks, doing the same job many times before wearing out.
5. There are no extra enzymes in raw food to digest cooked or processed food as well. So, just because you eat a salad with your steak and baked potato, that won't help you digest the meat and starch. (That there is no extra enzymes in raw food... I don’t believe to be true, because I have the experience in the past of using papain --extracted from raw papaya-- after a heavy meal -of COOKED FOOD- and it did help my digestion greatly).
6. Because of cooking, our digestive organs, especially the pancreas, are called upon to do the job of enzyme production alone. In a person who eats even a moderate percentage of cooked food, the pancreas is hypertrophied (overgrown) to two or three times its normal size (that size found in people who eat only raw food).
7. In fact, some animals on a raw diet do not have any enzymes at all in their saliva. The cow and sheep produce torrents of saliva with no enzymes in it.
8. All enzymes are extremely heat sensitive. If you cook them, they die.
9. Civilized people eat such large quantities of cooked foods that their enzyme systems are kept busy digesting food. As a result, the body lacks the enzymes needed to maintain the tissues in good health.
10. Can you overdose on enzymes? Data from over sixty years revealed that there has not been one report of side effects from enzyme consumption.
Thanks in advance.
The antibodies that couple with an antigen form an "immune complex."
"Immune complexes" can become pathogenic, that is, they can cause a disease.
Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis... These kind of sicknesses are due to the immune complexes in the intestinal tissues.
Enzymes are adequate to dissolve and to eliminate "immune complexes".
**THE MOST POTENT DRUGS ARE ENZYME INHIBITORS.
--The most famous drug in the world, "acetylsalicilic acid" (aspirin), works according to this principle.
-- Antibiotics , for example, penicillin; or steroids, that is, cortisone. These substances are enzymatic inhibitors.