CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Reactions to caffeine

JF Views: 1,559
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 384,732

Re: Reactions to caffeine

You know, you've got me wondering with that post. I've for years not been able to handle coffee unless it was decaffeinated. I never really got into coffee as a pick-me-up, so I can safely say I've had about 5 cups of coffee in the last 10 years. Now, black tea gives me the same reactions, but a can of Pepsi won't. Green tea, so long as I'm not dehydrated or drinking it on an empty stomach, won't give me much of a reaction, and any reaction I do get is usually just mild caffeine jitters, unlike the massive adrenal reaction I have to an equal amount of coffee or black tea. I'm beginning to wonder if the caffeine allergy I always thought I had is not really a caffeine allergy at all, but rather something in the coffee beans or black tea leaves, or possibly the process by which they are grown/processed that my body does not like. Fascinating. Oh, well. I never drank them anyway, and I quit soda months ago. But, if green tea is a good thing overall, I won't mind adding it back in small amounts to my diet. Will have to test it and see.

Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)