CureZone   Log On   Join
Does it depend on the individual?

fledgling Views: 2,438
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 374,046

Does it depend on the individual?

You are right, Molly, to mention stress!

But, may I say that I'm glad yours gets louder when you lie down...if that's what you meant.

Perhaps you simply mean that you are paying more attention, but, if it truly does get louder, I think that means the source is physical.

I remember that mine was almost intolerable, when I lay down to sleep, at age thirteen.

That's when I learned to tell myself 'stories'...eventually followed by designing fantastic houses.

I got really good at going into my own dream world, immediately I went to bed. I would return to my latest fancy each night, until something I read or saw added a new dimension.

There is a danger, I think, in 'confronting' a problem. Confrontation acknowledges that the problem exists, don't you agree?

Maybe there is a way to focus more on the better ways, and let the other slide away.

Maybe we can think about listening to something beautiful, and get so engrossed in everything attached to the scene that all else fades.

One relaxation tape described coming over the crest of a hill, and decending a path through a summer forest to a lovely valley below. A stream falls over rocks as we walk on soft ground, and sunlight flickers on gently blown leaves. Wonderful forest scents rise, and extra thoughts are put into a basket on the hip, just for now.

Tinkling bells and chimes sound in the distance, as we count slowly backward from one hundred.

A huge jar waits at the bottom, and we put our troubles into it, just for now.

Then we walk through the tall grass to the stream, and cross stepping stones to a grassy island where we lie down to rest.

There we may be anything we like; young, beautiful, talented, fulfilled. Just for a while, just for now.

When I started counting backward from twenty, I was usually asleep just after I reached seventeen. :)

This story was on an audio tape. I gave the tape to a nurse who had been attacked on duty. Her arm was destroyed, and she couldn't sleep from the pain...in fact, she was afraid to sleep and awaken her family with moaning.

She thanked me for the tape, and began to enjoy her rest once more.

If anyone knows where I can get this same tape, I'll send them two pounds of virtual Purdy's Chocolates. (Non-fattening!)

Sleep well, Molly.

fledgling

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.111 sec, (2)