CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: OCD forum? anyone else here?

Views: 12,201
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 346,504

Re: OCD forum? anyone else here?

"Paying attention to diet definitely helped. I found decreasing or even eliminating certain food had an enormous benefit. Foods to avoid are Sugar (accept naturally occuring ones in fruit, honey, maple syrup), meat and bread, along with packaged foods and junk food. Consider eating more fruits, vegetables and nuts."

I've never noticed a diet connection with OCD. For instance, I'm currently doing The Master Cleanse for the 3rd time which is just maple syrup and lemon juice and there's no change.

My only problem is pretty much these stupid, "unwanted thoughts". Stupid, disgusting stuff that comes out of nowhere. It's not even ME, it's like someone else. I'd never do anything that pops in my head, that part I can control..but I can't control the random, insane thoughts that do pop into my head.

I ended up someone training myself to say something else or do something when a thought comes on to snap out of it. "What the F" is my favorite phrase. LOL. Some people just think I like to swear a lot or something. I was reading a website on OCD one day and realized that's what they do in therapy anyway..get people to do something else when a thought comes on. But still.. it's annoying.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.102 sec, (1)