CureZone   Log On   Join
thats reasonable

rpaguirigan Views: 3,085
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 344,634

thats reasonable

mh, you make a good point and i dont blame you for how you feel about trudeau. the man has a shady background. we all know that. the fact that the man is a salesman, going from pitching one item to another is not a big secret either. i researched the book on amazon and went to the local bookstore to browse some of the pages. based on my assessment i actually opted not to purchase the book at first and left it at that.

however, some time later, i felt something just wasnt right (you know that gut feeling you get) and i decided to do a bit more research of the book on the amazon site and after reading some of the reviews i noticed a pattern. i found that a lot of the reviews were not from "average joe" consumers like you and me but from people i suspected were affiliated with either the media, the drug industry or medical profession. after a while its not difficult to discern their postings from those of bonafide consumers wishing to bash or praise the book. you can tell who the affiliates are because theyre the ones that come across like they are some kind of "authority" or "know it all" (someone to be trusted or who has "credentials"), make sleight of the content, then quote or refer to some authority elsewhere (maybe a doctor or a media article supporting their views) who expresses support or provides some "expert" evaluation in support of their view and then move on to discredit or tarnish the image of the author. soon they all sound the same and its not difficult to see an agenda-driven campaign being waged which got me thinking, "why would these people go through all this trouble? what are they afraid of?" whereupon without further hesitation i bought the book.

i can see why the book would have such an impact. it threatens the big money of the pharmaceuticals and the power and kickbacks afforded to certain gov't agencies, namely the FTC and FDA. it exposes their concerted efforts to stymie or suppress information that could positively impact the health of the public. it exposes cronyism so prevalent in the media and at the gov't as well as corporate level that will make your head spin.

the point im trying to make is that even before the book was published most of us already knew something wasnt right. we also knew that health in this country was deteriorating and that the current system of health care wasnt working. perhaps we knew also, instinctively, that there had to be a better way, an alternative to the current system which would reverse the ominous trend.

what we probably didnt know was that there were already books out there exposing government corruption at all levels; corporate impropriety and the consequences of the interplay of the two. theories and information abound on the subject of alternative health and natural/herbal remedies. go to any bookstore and they are there. the problem is the sheer volume of work available to sort through. can you imagine the time, effort and expense it would take to sort through and make sense of it all.

what trudeau has done is compiled all of foregoing into what is essentially a complete, concise, easy to read "guidebook" that takes away most of the confusion and from which you can make your own informed evaluation. if you have reservations about trudeau's credibility and doubt certain information presented in his book, merely reference the hundreds of other books written by other, reputable authors dealing with the subject matter. this should put any concerns you may have to rest.

most people (except those with drug company, medical, media or gov't affiliation) condemning trudeau do so outright before having had a chance to even read the book-just because of his reputation. i think this is irresponsible and downright ignorant. im aware of his shady past and i dont agree with everything he says, but i find most of the info he provides on alternative health care is sound, the theories he passes along from other authors to be quite relevant, and this book to be of great potential benefit to people.

ps: i dont mean to make light of your claims about him using hypnotism in his informercials to get us to buy the book, but c'mon dont you think that is kinda far-fetched? i bought the book and never even saw his infomercials. i happened to see them only after going to his website and clicking on the infomercial video links and this was after i'd already bought the book.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)