CureZone   Log On   Join
New to SCD -- some questions

pinto Views: 3,824
Published: 20 y

New to SCD -- some questions

I've got UC and am currently experiencing a really bad flare up. Since the asacol has apparently ceased to work and cortifoam enemas only seem to work for a period of hours, i have turned to the scd in desparation.

I have been having feverish nights and lots of fatigue -- is this probably from bloodloss? I am without a job right now and therefore without insurance. I know more about UC than the health clinic doctor, and I can't get a much needed colonoscopy until my medicaid comes through in a month or two.

I am curious as to a few things -- how will I get enough carbs so as not to be completely energy depleted? Can I take supplements such as Perfect Foods (a mix of green vegetables and juices) without contradicting the diet?

I have done a fair amount of research, looked at elaine's book, and so forth. I am worried about the preparation time for my meals -- in particular the almond flour baking and yogurt stuff, but from what I've read it seems imperative.

I'm in a bad way these days. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

-matt

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)