CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The cause of Brain fog uncovered.

boronia Views: 34,416
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 289,770

Re: The cause of Brain fog uncovered.

Thanks Johnny, how interesting. It must have been great to wake up without a hangover!

Does this mean people who are high histamine (me I think, though not confirmed in a test) should have less brain fog? I get bad brain fog at times, though maybe histamine levels probably fluctuate. If you are high histamine, taking histidine is inadvisable.

Anyway, just to add for anyone who is interested.....people can get tested for histamine but you can go by symptoms too. People who are fast metabolisers and fast thinkers tend to produce excess histamine (and therefore are histadelic). Fast metabolisers apparently leads to nutrient depletion and therefore depression.

Some people will have characteristics of both but we will be born with a tendency towards one or the other. Mineral levels are influential.....eg high copper and low zinc levels influence histamine status. These minerals are affected by hormone levels and so the contraceptive pill which increases copper and decreases zinc in the body can be a direct cause of low histamine levels in the blood.

If you have a lot of the following characteristics you might be classed as a HIGH histamine type...

have a low pain threshold
sneeze in bright sunlight
feel you were shy and over-sensitive as a teenager
cry, salivate and feel nauseous easily and have few dental fillings due to the cleansing action of saliva
hear your pulse in your head on the pillow at night
get itches elsewhere when you scratch your leg
have frequent backaches, stomach aches and muscle cramps
have easy orgasm with sex
tendency to multiple allergies, have regular headaches and seasonal allergies and family history of allergies
tendency to head cold symptoms
tendency to duodenal and peptic ulcers
have a tendency towards inner tension and occasional depression
have abnormal fears, compulsions or rituals
have perfectionism and 'drive'
are a light-sleeper (need less than 7 hrs)
are a morning person
burn up foods rapidly
sometimes have suicidal thoughts
tolerate a lot of alcohol and other 'downers'
have little body hair and a lean build/tendency to stay slim/fast metabolism
have large ears, long fingers and toes
belong to an all-boy family
a tendency towards inner tension and occasional Depression but a more severely imbalanced high histamine type can lead to...abnormal fears, suicidal depression, obsessions/addictive/compulsive behaviour, phobias.

Recommendations for high histamines....

avoiding vitamin B12 and folic acid as they increase production of histamine. Include good levels of zinc, manganese, calcium, vit C and possibly the amino acid methionine. A low protein, high complex carbohydrate diet is beneficial.

On the other hand, LOW histamine types have more of the following characteristics...

tendency to sleep more than 8 hrs
have little sex drive
much body hair
infrequent colds
sluggish metabolism
tendency to overweight
slow to wake up
short fingers and toes
suspicious by nature
high pain tolerance
many dental fillings due to low saliva
a tendency towards anxiety
A more severely low histamine status can lead to extreme fears, thought disorder, hallucinations and paranoia

Recommendations for low histamine types....

taking good levels of vit B12, folic acid and vit B3. Taking histidine. Eat food sources of folic acid eg whole grains, pulses, nuts, eggs, dark green leafy vegetables, carrots and avocados. High protein diet is beneficial.

Correcting histamine levels can be quite dramatic in terms of overcoming symptoms, both physical and mental.

I got this info from The Optimum Nutrition Bible by Patrick Holford and some notes a nutritioinist gave me once.

Obviously you have to take other things into account like candida and heavy metal status. I think I'm going to have that amino acid test too!

Anne

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (2)