CureZone   Log On   Join
Hi Owen

southern belle Views: 1,702
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 273,777

Hi Owen

I am doing OK....just a little busy these days. Ivan was a bad dude, but he did little damage to my city. Other places weren't so lucky. The condo at Gulfshores won't have power for three more weeks, so I can only imagine how the refrigerator will smell. We couldn't get in there if we tried---roads are out. You can't even get into Mobile, Alabama unless you have a pass! But, we have had friends who have taken aerial shots of Gulfshores and I have seen enough to know that I do NOT want to go there right now.

I talked to a guy who decided he would "ride out the storm" in Gulfshores and he said it was something he will NEVER do again. He said when the surge hit, (20 feet) he watched in awe as the wall of water hit one condo building and pulled out big screen TVs, washers, dryers, refrigerators, furniture, etc., and carried all of it back out into the Gulf of Mexico. Totally blew my mind.

I have a friend who has a ground level condo on Orange Beach that was totally flooded. He also has another vacation home in Mount Eagle and as Ivan hit inland, all the rain began and his home in Mount Eagle flooded, too! But, he is taking it all very well....better than I would have.

Paulette

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.095 sec, (1)