CureZone   Log On   Join
Happydog!

Alikat Views: 1,514
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 273,752

Happydog!

I hear you, I hear you! Have you been out today? Everyone seems to be almost at the point of hysterics. Hurricanes seem to come with lots of years in between, but three, one right after the other?!?!????

I was a few miles from the eye of Andrew in '92, but many of my friends at the time lived in Homestead. The devastation was horrible and there's no way to survive a category 5 in a normal house, no matter how well boarded up or sturdy the walls are. Roofs go flying and metal poles bend like they were wet noodles. My question is how sturdy are the Red Cross shelters? I know some of the new buildings are made like fortresess, but will they open up on time? With Frances, Broward county was ready 48 hours before Dade county, so if we had to evacuate I'm not sure there would have beeen enough time for everyone to do so. I know people in Orlando who were able to get to a shelter way before it hit.

At this point, if I could just get away I think I would. I feel tired and overwhelmed and only want to be safe. The media tells you to stay put because they know that if everybody gets scared and runs, there will be absolute madness. However, I think if a category 4 or 5 looks to be headed your way, then the best thing is to leave it all behind. At least during Andrew many people had left town and of course, they were fine.

Sorry for ranting so long, I have been doing my complaining all over Curezone today. At least it feels good to know that someone out there is listening.
BTW, where are you? I'm in Kendall. Oh, and sorry, but I'm one of those transplanted yankees your Mom warned you about. Too late now, 95 North is awfully crowded! LOL

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)