CureZone   Log On   Join
AGEs

Views: 1,536
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,430,268

AGEs

AGE stands for Advanced Glycation End-Products. They are formed in the human body due to reaction of sugars with protein via what is called the Maillard Reaction. The resulting AGEs are very stable, formed by tough, resilient "covalent" bonds between the Sugar and the protein. However, a few substances are known to be able to break those bonds. Rosmarinic acid is one of them.
Rosmarinic acid is present in rosemary, and in mint. Like you, I am desperate to get rosmarinic acid into the eye, but it would sting if applied as eye drops, and cause damage. Please don't try it. And I think peppermint terpenes are a little different from rosmarinic acid.
I seem to remember somewhere on the Net, there were eye drops containing rosemary that were able to reverse cataract, but we could not use the essential oil unless it were extremely diluted. So for the moment, please stick with a peppermint leaf face rub, and let's look for some commercial eye drops already on sale on the Net containing rosemary or mint.
I have tried steeping peppermint teabags in lukewarm water (rosmarinic acid decomposes at around 60'C), and placing them on the eyelids for 10 minutes. Rosmarinic acid is able to penetrate ocular tissues. There was some slight improvement of vision, but not much.
In India, there is an anticataract eyedrop called "Isotine" (available on Amazon), and yes, it does contain mint. But also, it contains unwanted copper, zinc and aluminum salts which would make advanced cataracts worse, plus with Indian eyedrops, can we guarantee that every bottle would be sterile?
Isotine, and its upgraded product Isotine Plus, contain 0.015% of mint. So, can we get someone to make eyedrops containing 0.015% of mint - extracted from mint at a fairly low temperature of, say, 40'C, and guaranteed to be sterile? If so, I believe we could slowly reverse our cataracts.
It would be even better if we could make eyedrops like Isotine with the Ayurvedic herbs but without any metal salts (you can Google the ingredients), and like Isotine, containing the sterilizing agent benzalkonium chloride at 0.01%. I believe some of us could reverse our cataracts with such an eyedrop.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.299 sec, (2)