CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Living with a Narcissist can result in Anxiety Disorders

Vulcanel Views: 1,317
Published: 6 y

This is a reply to # 2,416,857

Re: Living with a Narcissist can result in Anxiety Disorders

You are brilliant also. I don't have anything all figured out, maybe some bits and pieces are helpful. I try to be contributory. It is a cold and numb place to be, after these traumas, the person is many times, all alone basically. If the answers were easy, it would have been figured out a long time ago. What always helped me, was to get my mind off the topic, focus on something else. But the negative always creeps back in, like when you rest or lay down to sleep. For me, eventually with time, I was able to shift my attention to other things long enough that the negatives just dissipated with the passage of time. They're still there.... but there were so many of them. Anymore, I'm nearly immune to it, if a new stress comes along, I tell it to get in line behind all the other ones.
Unfortunately, alcohol and drugs don't help, one just ends up addicted on top of the other issues. Having a good friend is essential. Just talking and getting it out to a neutral party is beneficial, because the situation is insanity, and we as humans need to rationalize why what happened, happened. If we can put some logic to it, I think that helps, and in that regard having a friend to bounce ideas off of, helped me alot. But, not everybody has somebody to talk to....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)