CureZone   Log On   Join
Severe Chronic Scalp & Body Folliculitis

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Make your own Organic, Tasty, and Effective, Fluorid...

Turmeric Bowel Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
NBM55 Views: 1,805
Published: 6 years ago

Severe Chronic Scalp & Body Folliculitis

Hi Everyone,

I have been dealing with Folliculitis for about 5 years now it continually seems to get worse and worse. The worst of it is on the back of my scalp along my hairline, but recently it seems to have spread onto my chest, the front of my neck, my forehead and into my beard. The Folliculitis consists of small-medium pustules usually with pus filled heads. They are very painful at times especially when washing or sleeping. I've seen multiple Derms and tried every oral or topical Antibiotic in the spectrum and nothing seems to cure it (this includes fungal shampoos, fluconazole, ketoconazole). The only way I have been able to temporally eliminate it has been by taking Augmentin and Accutane. While on both drugs, my Folliculitis seems to totally disappear. Once I get off the drugs, it returns with vengeance. I have also tried many natural/homeopathic remedies but none seem to really work...I've tried, ACV, Tea Tree Oil, Coconut oil ETC...(ACV & Tea Tree Oil seem to help a little by drying the pustules out) I don't think it is Folliculitis Decalvans because I have no scarring and no hair loss.

Background on me: I have had severe skin problems since i was 15 (I'm now 25)...I have been on practically every Antibiotic (tetracyclines, Doxys, bactrim, Amox, Augmentin, prednisone etc, and practically every topical). I have done 3 courses of accutane. Most of this has helped to clear my face but now it seems that maybe it has caused my Folliculitis. Over the years, Augmentin has been the best drug for me in terms of clearing me up... I have been on Augmentin and other Antibiotics for extended periods of time (over a year)...

My current regimen as prescribed by one of the top Derms at University of Miami is to wash with CLN Shampoo (which contains bleach), use a topical Steroid, and apply Gentamicin (seems to mildly control it but its starting to work less and less...might have built up resistance)...the reason for this regimen is because I have had probably 6 different cultures/biopsies taken and all come back normal...They either come back with no fungal or bacterial growth or just coagulase-negative staph (which is normal skin bacteria). My current Derm thinks it might just be due to inflammation and not a bacterial/fungal issue...She said the Augmentin likely works so well because of its anti-inflammatory properties... Going back to see the Derm in about 3 weeks to try something else because it is definitely not working. I also eat pretty healthy...lots of veggies, very little processed foods and I also take strong probiotics along with I drink homemade Kefir and Kombucha everyday (been drinking those for about 2 months now). I figured doing these things was worth a try considering I may have an imbalance of bacteria in my gut from all the Antibiotics ...so far they haven't worked but I will continue them. I am very diligent in my skin care routine and do everything I can to improve it (this includes washing sheets, pillow cases, & towels very often)

If anyone has any additional ideas for me or advice, please let me know...I am pretty desperate at this time and it has really put a damper on my life.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.059 sec, (2)