CureZone   Log On   Join
Mirena, time to get this thing out of my body!

Views: 5,867
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,148,310

Mirena, time to get this thing out of my body!

First I’d like to say It pains me to read of so much suffering. Like many others I thought it was stress, or maybe lack of vitamins, the weather, or maybe I’m just loosing my mind so on and so on. After almost 5 years I just connected the dots, it could be the bloody Mirena. I trusted the recommendations of health proffecionals. No one said anything about the things I’m going through- certainly nothing about hair loss!! Jesus, I even recommended this thing to friends!

I have always had VERY thick hair (on my head) now have a reaseading hair line, just found out that’s yet another secret side effect. Also I now have very dry skin. My immune system is a mess. Could this all be because of birth control? NO ONE warned me about these apparently common side effects while I was just Happy to be rid of heavy periods.

Tomorrow I’m calling to make an appointment to remove my Mirena. I’m relieved as there could be an end to this but VERY angry at the same time.

Also the depression. I have been really really low at points. Before the hormones I was a happy go lucky young woman with her whole life ahead of her, now I feel well, grey. Is the Mirena is the culprit?!

Women’s Birth control....Why is it almost always women who draw the short straw? I bet you they could have produced an effective male contraceptive pill. Kill off their swimmers and let our complex hormone system be! This has been going on for years....could you imagine if a man suffered in this way from contraceptives, they would be taken off the markets directly, here thousands of women are screaming out in agony and doctors are still recommending this shit to us??!

I want to advise against this method of birth control, even if it turns out it isn’t the reason for all of my symtoms. I will repost when I get it out and let you know about my recovery process. If you find yourself in the same boat as me I send you my love and best wishes for a future without suffering. Stay strong ladies, discovery is the first step towards change! Together we are strong. I really hope I and others reading this get life back to normal. Just going to have to wait and see.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.135 sec, (2)