CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Allen please help..

Views: 2,232
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,388,123

Re: Allen please help..

The last time that the original poster (presumably, Allen Darwan) was on CureZone was 7 years ago, unless the OP used a different account.

I would like to offer some suggestions as my son manages his bipolar disorder via various means.

First thing is to have a firm and competent diagnosis. This requires time, observation, and documentation.

If you do have a disorder, the type and level will determine the options that are available to help manage the symptoms.

There are several natural approaches, and the first one begins with counseling therapy - there are specific behaviors and cycles peculiar to bipolar folks, and there are typically more than one group of symptoms present.

Then, there is focused exercise - walking/hiking, tai chi (and other martial arts), and any other physical activity that requires focus. Yoga is great, from what I understand!

There are a number of supplements that can be explored, and this must be discussed with the medical doctor (probably the psychiatrist that made the diagnosis). TUMERIC is one of the most benign herbs and 250mg is safe and effective, according to my Natural Doc. Chamomile tea, and gentle soothing teas are also a great tool.

Most importantly, it is vital to understand that it takes a long, long time to learn how to recognize cycles, the behaviors preceding them, and the means to interrupt them when they're recognized. This is a management effort, and there will be good days, bad days, and days that don't seem to be either.

Best wishes to you on your journey.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)