CureZone   Log On   Join
TREATMENT THAT WORKS, FBO (faecal body odour) for over 10 years

NoLongerStinky Views: 3,803
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,171,684

TREATMENT THAT WORKS, FBO (faecal body odour) for over 10 years

Hi,
I had suffered with FBO for over 10 years. The severity was up and down. At the really bad times I felt suicidle on a regular basis. I had been knocked back by doctors as often on the days I had an appointment it wouldn't be as bad as others and even when it was I would always do everything I could to stop people noticing how bad I smelled. I would only see the doctor for a max of 10 minutes and it usually took up to 20 minutes to let off enough of an odour to fill rooms and noses. I would be able to smell myself all the time and washing only lasted at best for an hour. I changed my outfit, used every type of cream, deodorant, medication etc etc. It was a nightmare. I can happily say today that I have found a new way to deal with fbo that really works for me, and hopefully can help more sufferers out there!?! I feel your pain guys and girls!! My typing skills are awful and this is taking me forever to type so I will just copy and paste into some relevant threads to reach as many people living in the nightmare that is FBO as I can. The following is what has worked for me. It isn't an advertisement but there are some things I regularly purchase that I believe are what has done it for me.

First off, the things to avoid (at least at first. Maybe try reintroducing a bit at a time over time once the FBO is under control!?)

➡️ Takeaway pizza/garlic bread (I still avoid this as it seems to be the biggest provoker for me and takes days to settle down!)

➡️ All takeaways/junk food (I know it seems like a comfort zone but it is often major fuel for FBO)

➡️ ALL SPICES (major antagonist for FBO)

➡️ Greasy food, deep fried food

➡️ Washing your back passage with anything other than a COTTON flannel and water (I found that some baby wipes made the smell WAY WORSE than it was before using them. The same with shower gels too. Using soap back there made it far worse too. I know on paper it seems logical to use, but it really isn't.)

➡️ Bleach (for some of you, that is a no brainer. But I personally used to use it all the time when I was giving up hope. I often didn't water it down enough and had burned my skin many times. Thankfully with no permanent damage.)

➡️ Try to just avoid a poor diet really. Cake, crisps, ice cream, too much coffee, chocolate etc etc (all the stuff that gives you the little buzz while eating or drinking really. Sorry, but these things can be reintroduced over time in moderation. I can now eat ANYTHING (except takeaway pizza and garlic bread, that's a next level trigger food!!) I like, when I like, without smelling!!!)

Now that's out of the way I'm going to let you know what has helped me so much with being able to live a FBO FREE LIFE!!!!

On a daily basis I have something for breakfast, normally a couple of slices of fruit loaf toast with peanut butter and a coffee (this part of the process is completely up to you. Whatever your stomach is safe with, yet triggers a bowel movement).

THE MAIN THING I BELIEVE HAS HELPED TO SETTLE DOWN MY FBO IS A COUPLE OF TABLE SPOONS OF 'OSTLERS CLOUDY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WITH THE MOTHER' available from ostlerscidermill dot co dot uk ALONG WITH A SACHET OF FYBOGEL AND 1 TO 2 LOPERAMIDE TABLETS OR CAPSULES!!

****The cider vinegar seems to be the real effect giver as I had tried the others without it and there was some relief but never to the degree of relief I have now!!*****
I go to the toilet as soon as I can empty my bowels (have a poo) then have a shower straight after that. I use whatever shampoo (sham-poo lol) and shower gel but AVOID IT GOING ON MY ANAL AREA. Using a 100% cotton flannel and water from the shower I wipe over the anus a few times, rinsing off flannel between wipes (wipe firmly but not too aggressive) till assured it's clean and flannel has little to no odour when smelling it (yep, that's what I do!).
After rinsing off I dry myself with a clean dry towel.

I then use some tissue to wipe a small amount of clotrimazole cream (a couple of mm's of what comes out of the tube will do) onto the anus area (when walking around this can feel a bit wet, especially if you use too much, but is very helpful, especially in the early days.)

I then go on to get dressed as normal. I use deodorant on my armpits and chest but AVOID THE UNDERWEAR AREA WITH ANYTHING FRAGRANCE RELATED!!! It just makes things worse!)

It might take a few days to a week to start getting the results that I have but be regular and committed and change is more than possible. I'm writing this because it has changed my life and I'd love to think that this can help others too. Everything I do, and use, is easy and available. Just give it a go!

My diet involves a lot of chicken, basmati rices, spinach, peppers, broccoli, sarsumas, sweet potato and other great foods which are tasty and healthy. I eat all sorts of other stuff too now, and even go out to eat with my girlfriend (both of which; gf and eating out) was a no-go when FBO was an issue. I no longer douse myself in tons of products to try and mask the smell (which never actually worked either!) . Now I just spray a little after shave because I like the smell of it!

I try and keep as active as I can (I have scoliosis, which is really bad these days so the training is not happening at the moment) and be regular with hydration and food intake.

In the evening I have another couple of 'OSTLERS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR' tablespoons in with a sachaet of 'FYBOGEL' in water.

You can reapply the clotrimazole cream a few times a day to kill off the bacteria that's stuck in that anus area that may be causing a smell.

I've been using this method for a couple of months now and I can go to the toilet and have a solid stool (I've suffered with diarrhoea for around 15 years), have a quick shower, get dressed and go out stress and smell free!!!!

I forgot to use the cream the other day and realised it had got to the point that it isn't necessary to use all the time anymore.

I understand that some of you are from all over the place, which is why I put some links in for you. But if the bits aren't available where you are just do some research and find the same type of thing maybe.

NORMAL TYPES OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR ARE NOT THE SAME AS OSTLERS THOUGH. IT HAS TO BE THE RAW, NATURAL KIND IF LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE.

CLOTRIMAZOLE IS A STANDARD ANTI FUNGAL CREAM SO ALTERNATIVES SHOULD BE WIDELY AVAILABLE.

FYBOGEL IS A BRAND NAME AND YOU CAN GET CHEAPER GENERIC UNFLAVOURED VERSIONS FOR QUITE CHEAP.

LOPERAMIDE IS THE GENERIC NAME FOR 'IMODIUM' AND I TAKE FOR A LONG TERM LOOSE BOWEL/DIARHOA PROBLEM I HAVE (add or minus as you need to) SO I BUY IN BULK ONLINE FOR CHEAP!!

IREALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AS MUCH AS IT HAS ME, AND YOU HAVE A LIFE THAT FEELS MORE FREE AND WORTHWHILE!!!!!

This has been written, at length, yet with love, from me,

Mr. UsedToBeStinky McLifewasanightmare

Be blessed peeps!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (4)