CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Opinions on Black Seed - Only mine counts

domi8262 Views: 3,609
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,672,904

Re: Opinions on Black Seed - Only mine counts

Thanks for sharing the link of the oil you use and great article, but there is only one thing that is misconception and that I see everywhere and that drive me crazy, I like when thing are call properly for what they are and most people that supposedly expert! Are still repeat that misconception instead of telling people the truth.. Black seed is Sativa Nigella and Black cumin are a total different species that doesn't have the same propriety, and this is a fact. Please don't say black seed is black cumin seed, it's not true. but for the rest thanks.

There are two types of cumin seeds, called jeera. There is the common cumin seed (cuminum cyminum), and then there is a darker, smaller one called kala jeera (bunium bulbocastanum) or black cumin.
Neither “cumin” nor “black cumin” is black seed. Black cumin IS NOT black seed and although plenty of products now erroneously label themselves as black cumin, the two should not be confused. Black cumin is actually from the plant bunium bulbocastanum, which is in the Apiaceae family. Black seed, which the sought after oil is made from, is actually nigella sativa and not related to cumin at all.
Black seed oil, nigella sativa, comes from the beautiful Love-in Mist flower. In Indian cooking the seeds are called kalonji.

Dominique

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.191 sec, (1)