CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: fishy smell with coconut oil??

labrisa Views: 6,832
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 1,291,684

Re: fishy smell with coconut oil??

As a massage therapist, I have used coconut oil for 23 years without a problem......until recently when I introduced it to a spa where i work part time. All was well; all the therapists enjoyed using the oil when suddenly we started to detect a fishy smell. What i began to realize was that while stored in plastic bottles and thrown into a steamy towel warmer, the fishy smell was bad. If heated in a
microwave, no bad smell. So, my thinking is this: Plastic bottles are made of fossil fuels which of course are the fossils of dead creatures, much of which are fish. Steaming or having the oil in plastic or in a steamy room like near a shower, will certainly make the plastic bleed into the oil. Microwaving though not my favorite, is a dry heat thus not making the plastic sweat. I hope this is helpful.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)