CureZone   Log On   Join
Strategy for Curing Diabetes

DeWayne Views: 3,726
Published: 22 y

Strategy for Curing Diabetes

The following is a summary of what I am doing to begin 'curing' myself of (Type 2) diabetes even though I was told (and have read) that you cannot cure diabetes. This was discouraging to hear, but I did not let that deter me.

1. Background information: I was submitted to the ICU due to an attack of pancreatitus which put me into a non-ketotic hyperglycemic hyperosomolar coma with a blood glucose level of 1340! Miraculously, with the help of God, the doctors and nurses saved my life. But, I was left with the disease, diabetes.

2. I educated myself about nutrition/food, diabetes, the operation of the pancreas, insulin, and how to manage my blood glucose. I read many medical, health and nutrition books, plus excerpts from various medical websites. I also attended a diabetic seminar to acquire additional information and talk with other people afflicted with this disease.

3. Based on that knowledge, I developed and implemented a 3-phase strategy, based on a set of defined and measurable goals.

Phase 1:

- Goal: Stabilize blood glucose level (BG) to 80 to 140 range, with some consistency (<20 mg/dL deviation).

- How: Modify diet and develop nutrition profile, take insulin shots per doctor's direction. Record BG levels at least 4 times a day (before each meal and before going to bed). Meet with ophthamologist, endocrinologist and podiatrist to ensure there are no effects from the diabetes, e.g. retinopathy, renalopathy, neuropathy.

Phase 2:
- Goal: Decrease body's level of insulin resistance such that there is only a minimum need for external insulin or oral medication.
- How: Improve nutrition profile by decreasing high glycemic and acidic foods and increasing alkaline foods. In addition to continuing to recording the 4 BG levels, randomly record BG readings 1 hour and 2 hours after specific meals. Record BG data (in MS Excel) to look for patterns and trends, modify insulin dosage accordingly. Continue to acquire medical and health-related knowledge.
- Meet with the appropriate medical personnel as required.

Phase 3:
- Goal: Continue to decrease body's level of insulin resistance and improve overall body health such that there is no need for external insulin or oral medication.
- How:
- Continue to acquire medical and health-related knowledge.
- Continue to record BG data (in MS Excel) to look for patterns and trends, modify insulin dosage accordingly.
- Improve nutrition profile by removing high glycemic and acidic foods and increasing alkaline foods.
- Implement exercise program to lose weight.
- Implement strength training program to maintain muscle tone. (Consider building new muscle tone in target areas).
- Consider use of food supplements and herbs to maintain body health.
- Meet with the appropriate medical personnel as required.

4. As a result, I was able to gradually reduce my need for insulin to zero during the second phase, which I am currently in. Current BG Level Average: 99.3, Standard Deviation: 14.5.

5. Based on my next set of blood test results, including the Hb A1C and lipid tests, I plan to move to Phase 3.

Conclusions:

Although it's only been 2 and 1/2 months since I was diagnosed with diabetes, I believe that the more control you take in dealing with this disease, the more success you will have to either reduce its effects or 'cure' the disease. Unfortunately, although the doctors are happy (and astounded) with my recovery from near death, I have been unable to find anyone in the medical profession who believes that diabetes can be cured. Consequently, to be on the safe side, I will continue to monitor my blood glucose, probably for the rest of my life . . .

p.s. I am not certain if what I did will work for others, but I am willing to share any specific details with others who either have a weight problem or have Type 2 diabetes.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)