CureZone   Log On   Join
My Gabapentin Experience

glaxony Views: 1,853
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,327,167

My Gabapentin Experience

I have suffered from migraines for years. My mother had them. I inherited them.

About 4-5 years ago I started having loud tinnitus all the time and it felt like there was water in my head most of the time, the top of my head felt like it was going to blow up like a volcano

this went on nearly every day for years

i recently ended up going to see a neurologist office because it had gotten so bad that i could hardly sleep at night

doctor said my brain doesn't know how to deal with glutamates
and prescribed Gabapentin

It made my throat sore, gave me bad breath, made me so dizzy I could barely see, and I slept for 36 hours, thought it was 7 am, got up and got ready for work, only to discover it was 7 pm

and that was on a 100 mg dose
i cut it in half to 50 mgs and still had bad breath and dizziness

that stuff is physically addictive and it is very hard to come off of it, as in why they are so frugal with valium

now I should probably order ten cases of it because the FDA will likely try to ban it an force people to take Gabapentin instead

i don't have a lot of confidence in medicos who want to get people addicted to prescription medications that masks the symptoms

it causes people to have suicidal thoughts

and it did not stop my tinnitus
although the headache was a little better while i was sleeping

i did some research on glutamate storms and decided to try taking GABA from the health food store instead of Gabapentin

first night~

i took half the recommended dose and slept well
no hangover
no bad side effects

second night~

i doubled up and took the recommended dose
next morning i woke up without a headache for the first time in 3 years

Gabapentin: File Thirteen
Gaba: Heaven Has Arrived

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)