CureZone   Log On   Join
Gabapentin/Neurontin resolved headaches after decades of suffering

Maiden Views: 2,287
Published: 8 y

Gabapentin/Neurontin resolved headaches after decades of suffering

For many years, I'd suffered from severe, excruciating headaches. Finally a doctor prescribed what I should have gotten long ago:

Gabapentin - up to 1800mg per day
...it's the generic of neurontin.

Second best was becoming aware of the below:

(1) computer-use is a huge culprit, especially big bright ones

(2) cold/dehydrating environment can trigger headaches

(3) anti-nausea diets, including soda-crackers and tea with honey can help buffer against headaches

(4) lowfat-lysine diets are a good buffer as well, with emphasis on avoiding sodium/citrus/spices and high-arginine foods

But items 1-4 above, is mainly if you can't get prescribed Gabapentin, since the latter avoids the need for 1-4.

Gabapentin also helps thicken the mucus membranes, which thus acts as a buffer, and also avoids sinus issues and irritable bowel.

P.S. I've also found that White Tiger Balm (which is an intense form of VapoRub) - rubbed on temples, provides some relief, as do coolpaks by 3M & so forth.
P.P.S. JINS moisturizing glasses might be a solution, as well as the G-Midifier (for small rooms), as well as wet tea bags on closed eyelids such as oolong tea or lipton. Or alternating between warm & cold washcloths on eyes. Whichever feels most soothing.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)