CureZone   Log On   Join
Green Card Scammer?

Views: 2,481
Published: 8 years ago

Green Card Scammer?

Right.  I feel that I "know" that there is something seriously wrong, but I'd like feedback and insight just to affirm my intuition, on this.

My eldest son has tried to make a turnaround, but he's still Borderline, and always will be.  After his second marriage ended, he immediately hooked up with a young woman from Russia, online.  He claims that they met on a political chat board, but I don't believe that any more than the moon is made of green cheese.  Regardless, he went to Moscow on 3 occasions to hook up with this woman and finally brought her over to marry her. 

On his dime, he transported her over here, has paid for her naturalization process, married her, etc.  Now, she's in her 8th month of pregnancy, which was a "surprise" to my son, and she is behaving badly, IMHO. 

It began when I met my son, last year, and he and I had a long, long talk about the past, and the present.  When I met his Russian wife, I asked her many questions that were appropriate - I am the elder, here, and I asked questions about her plans, her goals, her homeland, etc., and she later complained that I had asked "awkward" questions. 

Since she became pregnant, I had offered to help them both out when the baby was born, and the offer has been rejected, numerous times.  "You don't need to help.  We have a neighbor who will help."  Then, I sent a birthday gift to this woman and she sent the gift back because they weren't skin-tight garments that she's accustomed to wearing - I thought that she'd want to be comfortable during the summer months of her preganancy, as anyone would, and this was not the case.

THEN, I sent baby clothing that I had found and received a message from her that, while she appreciated the clothes, they had enough and they wouldn't be using any baby clothes that were used, unless they "knew the baby that had worn them."  They would not be accepting clothing that was "worn too much" or unwashed, unclean, etc., and that they would only be using new cloth diapers.

Whatever - I'd already accepted the fact that I will not be involved in my grandchild's life, and I'm not going to go screaming about grandparents' rights.  It's a waste of time, money, energy, and emotions, and I cannot change this situation. 

My concern is that this woman has scammed my son for a green card and citizenship in this country.  He has paid for all phases of the naturalization processes, including trips to locations and the fees that accompany all of the paperwork.  AND........this woman contacted me 2 years ago to complain of my son's abusive behaviors on both FaceBook and through her private Skype account.  I believe that she's setting him up for a domestic violence / abuse complaint that will automatically guarantee her a green card, housing, welfare, and every other service to become a citizen, once the baby is born. 

During these complaints over FB and Skype, she asked about previous relationships and my son's anger issues, to which I was open and honest about and suggested that she contact the Domestic Violence Hotline.  She contacted my younger son in this very same manner at the same time, as well - I didn't know this until last night, and my younger son didn't know about her contacting me, either. 

Any insights on this?  I'm managing my concerns about this situation, but there is something very wrong with this whole situation, I can see it, I can smell it, and I can almost predict what's going to happen simply because of this woman's odd behaviors, etc.  This is NOT a cultural misunderstanding as I know many, many immigrants who do not behave this way, and I have never had a gift given back to me or thoroughly criticized by anyone during my entire lifetime. 

Thanks for any input!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.082 sec, (2)