CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The apocrypha?

Views: 4,206
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,325,033

Re: The apocrypha?

Mmmhh.. Yes, that's assuming that they were written in the time between Malachai and John.

I think that's when 1 and 2nd macabees was written? I see those two books as history (and important because it gives details about exactly where the Ark of the covenant is).

1 and 2nd macabees was written at the time of the invasion of Alexander the great, Jubilees is purported to be written during Moses' lifetime, Enoch is apperantly pre-flood, the book of Jasher (the righteous) post-flood and leading up to Moses, the wisdom of Sirach a little after Solomon's time, and the book of Tobit during the babylonian excile (that's the story referred to when the religious teachers question jesus about who's the woman's husband in heaven, after 7 marriages).

However there's a serious problem with the book of Jude if it's quoting a book as prophecy that isn't by a prophet of God.

Yyyees, I'm running into that problem here and there with the book of enoch. It's translated in most versions in a very heavy archaic-english style.

Thank you for your links, they're an interesting read.
They do bring out a question posed by the forum (which I assume we're both posting in), which is 'God without Religion'. I do feel it is important to know the books of the Bible in and out through and through before being reading apocrypha.. AND to know the difference between occultic influence (Like found in the Gospel of Mary, isis worship) and the Bible.
As we do know from Jesus' battle with the pharasees and saducees, it's the traditions men build up around their faith that makes their chains and binds the sheep they try to lead. Another fun (and challenging, my goodness, challenging!) is the translation from the chapters found in hebrew of the Gospel of Matthew!

Bless!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.285 sec, (1)