CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: This suggests that CureZone users and others should stop using Google in protest and use either Yahoo or Bing for their searches

InCharge Views: 1,662
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,313,970

Re: This suggests that CureZone users and others should stop using Google in protest and use either Yahoo or Bing for their searches

I only use one search app, and that is startpage - https://startpage.com/ . Not sure how they do in relation to what you said, but the reason I use them is they don't record your IP adress, so it cuts down on spam.

If you find a link on startpage and click on it, then your IP address is recorded by the new site.

I also don't use any of the social media links either. You can eliminate a lot of spam, and other agravation, but it comes with it's own price. you might want to comment to a web page, or company that uses one of the SM's and they require you log in first.

I have been getting a mail box full of ads by the post office. I have had my mail torn because they can't fit everything into the mail box. It's addressed to resident at my address, but when I contacted them by phone, I had to try to get my address off the mailing list on their web site. Like I said it's "to Resident", but they require I put my email address down too. They will sell that to some other marketing agency, or use it in one of their other marketing companies.

True story

A few years back I went thru this same thing with ads that didn't have any address on them. Everybody got this trash whether you wanted it or not. I called the post office and was told they couldn't help me. So I called the post master in Washington DC,  He called my post office and told them not to deliver this trash. The postman kept delivering it, and one day I got home before he left in his truck. I pulled up along side on my bike, and he had his window rolled down a couple of inches on the opposite side. He gave me a ration, so I folded this trash and put it through the window, and push. It accidently flew across the truck and hit him in the head. He reported it to the cops who gave me a summons for court. The ADA said I could pay a hundred dollar fine, or go to court and pay more before the judge. I told her I had read the ordinance, and it said I had to have done it to 3 people, city emp., or gov.emp.,

I told her I would rather go to court, that the law was written in plain english, and this was the only time. She tried to tell me the ordinance didn't apply to my case. I told her I still wanted to see the judge because the odds were that he knows how to read english. She dismissed it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (2)