CureZone   Log On   Join
Don't Feel Well - Poor Motivation, Concentration Issues - Not sure if Thyroid, ADHD, or something else

chris28 Views: 2,248
Published: 8 years ago

Don't Feel Well - Poor Motivation, Concentration Issues - Not sure if Thyroid, ADHD, or something else

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I don't know what is wrong, but I just don't feel right. I am not sure if it's thyroid related, adrenal fatigue, or something else. I've seen a Psychiatrist in the past, but it was little help. He told me that it's probably ADHD and recommended stimulants. I hated taking them, and they only improved my symptoms about 60-70%. I felt like they were just masking the problem. I am a 28 year old male.

My major issue is low motivation and poor concentration. I can't focus at all and accomplish nothing in a typical day. I spend hours staring at my computer screen. Just writing this post is excruciatingly difficult. I've been trying to construct a coherent message since this morning. When something is complicated, I avoid it altogether. There are so many things that I want to do, but I just can't do them.

If I need to do something that requires prolonged concentration, my brain can't handle it. I feel like my mind is saying, "Stop. This is too exhausting, difficult, overwhelming, and complicated." When I'm not working, I do almost nothing productive (listen to music and watch TV). That's all that I can handle. When I try to accomplish anything, it tends to go unfinished. I occasionally have some enthusiasm (at least initially), but my follow-through is poor. I procrastinate horribly and can't stand how lazy I am.

I also have some minor social anxiety and OCD symptoms. I took an SSRI back in 2009, but it did nothing beneficial. If anything, it seems to have permanently affected my short-term memory.

I would go to the doctor, but I can't handle it. I'd have to find one, and then my social anxiety would make it impossible to book an appointment.

I was thinking about having lab work done, but I don't know what tests to order. I had my thyroid checked, but I realized that they only did the TSH-3 Ultra. It was 0.918. My understanding is that I should have also gotten Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, and TPO. Should I get order anything else (ie. Vitamin D, Testosterone, etc)?

The only reason I suspected thyroid issues is because I feel sensitive to cold weather. I haven't tracked my temperature, but I've been meaning to buy a thermometer for the last 6 months. I also have white flakes on my face, and my energy is not great. I don't know what's causing all of this.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I eat a plant-based, whole foods diet (vegan, no processed foods). I do supplement with B12.

I thought about trying Iodine, but I know nothing about it. I see various safety warnings, and I can't figure out the best method (liquid form, kelp, tablets, etc). I assume that I get Iodine from the vegetables that I eat, but I'm not sure. I haven't used iodized salt in years, so that may be an issue.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.086 sec, (2)