CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Seizure and Mirena IUD

tmurray Views: 3,484
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,237,336

Re: Seizure and Mirena IUD

tmurray8992@gmail.com.......I exhibit and experience symptoms and complications that I've never had before. I had the Mirena inserted in 2007. Shortly afterwards my husband would tell me that he didn't think I was acting like myself with being sleepy, confused and feeling fatigued all the time. I suffered my first seizure on 06/2009 according to my husband because I don't remember anything about it. All I remember was waking up and looking at the EMT's with them asking me have I ever had seizures before while on my way to the hospital. I started having them about every other day. Some was when I will fall out and there was some where I would just sit and stare according to my husband and children. I was referred to a Neurologists. The Neurologist did confirm me with having seizures but could not tell me the reason why even after having numerous tests done. Not knowing what was going I had the second Mirena inserted 05/2012. Since then I've had three car accidents. One on 11/2010, one on 03/2013 and the third on 12/2014 / The physician stop me from driving. I was put on short-term disability with my job for 3 months. When I returned I was still having the seizures, so I was released from my job due to the inability to complete my daily work-related assignments. This caused a huge disruption in my life and especially with my husband children. I am currently taking two high doses of seizure meds. After asking question and researching on the web, I then immediately realized that it was the Mirena that was causing all these complications/side effects I was having. I had it removed 04/2015. That was the best decision I've ever made in my life. Many of the side effect was gone within 12-24 hours. I've had many other side effects from this Mirena also. I've had three lithotripsies in the past nine months because of kidney stone, due to one of the seizure meds I was taking, but then I also saw where this thing can have a huge effect on your bladder and Kidneys. I too like many of you was told by the first 2 Neurologists and Gyn that the Mirena is not likely the cause of my problems and I just simply told them YES IT WAS!!! So I left them and went to another Neurologists who told me that there were some strong correlations that the side effects I was having was due to the Mirena. Then he explained to me the Hormone history of this thing and why I was having the seizures. I've had 4 EEG's and they all came back normal along with several other tests. Last one was done on 01/2015. I've had 2 seizures since I had it removed in 04/2015, but none since October 2015. I was also put into the hospital due to the Mirena causing a significant depletion in my vitamin K levels and several other necessary vitamins/essentials the body runs on. I'll never be able to pay all of the hospital, physician office or ER bills. I wrote the FDA and Erin Brockovich (who is an advocate for women against the Mirena). I received response from both. I always tell others in relations to the Mirena, if you did it, undo it!......and if you are thinking about it, forget it! It is dangerous and Bayer Pharmaceutical knew it!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.625 sec, (2)