CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chronic, left-cheek side acne only! Gluten and dairy free...

Luna878 Views: 1,853
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,284,224

Re: Chronic, left-cheek side acne only! Gluten and dairy free...

Hey there! It's been almost a month so I'm not sure if you'll see this, but I wanted to reach out and help if I could.

It seems like your Acne got *somewhat better from things you have been doing. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's good to acknowledge these things though since it can be a long process to get rid of Acne and every little win counts.

To give you some context; I had Acne for over 6 years, from high school to early twenties. Cystic, hormonal, centered around my jawline and sides of my cheeks.

I've been clear for over a year and like helping others get clear. So if you happen to see this and have any questions/updates feel free to email me!

I'll be brief and say that I did liver flushes, crazy-restrictive diets, supplements, birth control, etc. etc. the whole nine yards. I finally said f*ck it I'm empowering myself and read research papers on acne religiously for over a year, and continue to do so when new work is published. It took a while to understand everything/why acne develops, so if you're curious I'll explain more but for know I'll just give you some actionable advice.

My recs:

Gut healing diet, speciically a Low-Fodmap diet (they seriously need to change the name to sound less weird . .like the great gut-helping diet or something, lol)

^this allows you to systematically pinpoint what food may be issues for you. Dairy/Gluten are usually no-brainers. It's been more commmonly used for those with IBS/IBD, but I hope it will come to light as being helpful for acne soon, as multiple studies confirm this. I'm too lazy to provide them but if you ask I'll be happy to.

Good probiotic to supplement with every day. Also, while I'm thinking about it, keep a food journal and track how you feel/respond to different foods. you can find more resources by googling diet journal or some sort.

Hormone-balance-wise, your diet is your numero uno priority. Everything else can be pretty secondary when it comes to acne. But for backup and extra acne-fighting power, I recommend most women try Berberine, and herbal supplement that specifically helps regulate insulin, inflammation, and a bunch of other stuff I cant recall off the top of my head.

That's probably enough to throw at you for now. I invite you to try these recs if your current agenda just isn't doing it for ya.

xxLuna

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)