CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help! Menopause & Anxiety!

Views: 2,020
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,281,794

Re: Help! Menopause & Anxiety!

I'm sorry to read about your mother's condition.  I am not a medical practitioner, nor am I properly trained in physiology, so that's the disclaimer.

Your mother's symptoms don't sound like menopause.  Menopause can bring on exacerbated anxieties, etc., but what you're describing sounds like symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). 

Additionally, your mother is going to have to be the person to take control of her conditions, though I completely understand that you want to help her.  It's very difficult to watch someone that we love in such extreme states. 

The anxiety medications might assist in the short term - give your mother a respite from the panic attacks, so to speak.  But, whatever is at the root of these episodes may be something more than a hormonal change, particularly if she's experienced ANY severe traumas during her lifetime.

Without more information, I would strongly suggest that she consider engaging with a counseling therapist and a well-recommended doctor who practices alternative approaches, as well as contemporary treatments.  Treating anxiety symptoms is a snap.  MANAGING the anxiety and digging up the roots of it is quite another matter.  There's no medication or herbal remedy for trauma.

Best wishes to you and your mother

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)