New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

trapper/kcmo Views: 1,027
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,264,503

Re: New Texas Textbooks to Deny Slavery’s Central Role in US Civil War

for decades now the KKK has been a secret arm of the CIA. both the CIA and FBI have infiltrated radical groups on the right and the left in order to influence them according to the needs of the government and its propaganda. the KKK would have long ago died on the vine if they had simply been left alone, but that was not allowed.

while the north let "negros" shine their shoes and sweep their floors and carry their heavy burdens for pennies (cheaper than buying them and having to feed and house them) the south busied themselves by preventing inter-racial marriage through the use of the heretofore non-existent "marriage license" and terrorized them with white hoods and torches to keep them from voting.

things havent changed a bit. a finger pointed creates three more pointed right back at the person.

that america is racists is obvious, but its not the south. the civil war had nothing to do with slavery other than as a political football.

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/emancipation-150/10-facts.html

"Abraham Lincoln issued the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation on September 22nd, 1862. It stipulated that if the Southern states did not cease their rebellion by January 1st, 1863, then Proclamation would go into effect. When the Confederacy did not yield, Lincoln issued the final Emancipation Proclamation on January 1st, 1863."

thats hillarious. what if the south had surrendered? then slavery would have been business as usual? what say ye, abe?

"President Lincoln justified the Emancipation Proclamation as a war measure intended to cripple the Confederacy. Being careful to respect the limits of his authority, Lincoln applied the Emancipation Proclamation only to the Southern states in rebellion."

in rebellion against what? not slavery, thats for sure.

"Up until September 1862, the main focus of the war had been to preserve the Union. With the issuance of the Emancipation Proclamation freedom for slaves now became a legitimate war aim."

expediency. the truth dies in every war. the winners declare it afterward.

from slaves to mercenaries:

"Lincoln declared in the Proclamation that African-Americans of “suitable condition, would be received into the armed service of the United States.” Five months after the Proclamation took effect; the War Department of the United States issued General Orders No. 143, establishing the United States Colored Troops (USCT). By the end of the war, over 200,000 African-Americans would serve in the Union army and navy."

abolishing slavery was a good idea. but the whole country owned slaves until after the war. it is estimated that there were over 3000 black men who owned slaves as well.

"With the Emancipation Proclamation, the aim of the war changed to include the freeing of slaves in addition to preserving the Union. Although the Proclamation initially freed only the slaves in the rebellious states, by the end of the war the Proclamation had influenced and prepared citizens to advocate and accept abolition for all slaves in both the North and South. The 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery in the United States, was passed on December 6th, 1865.

Lincoln considered the Emancipation Proclamation the crowning achievement of his presidency.

Heralded as the savior of the Union, President Lincoln actually considered the Emancipation Proclamation to be the most important aspect of his legacy. “I never, in my life, felt more certain that I was doing right, than I do in signing this paper,” he declared. “If my name ever goes into history it will be for this act, and my whole soul is in it.""

its always nice when political expediency and moral high ground can occupy the same space. this is rare indeed. but the war was not about slavery. it was about states rights. and the confederate flag (though i loath flags) is not a symbol of slavery or racism. its a symbol to those in the south of their right to exist and to set the course themselves for the own destiny and to oppose tyranny, even if it comes via your own government. thats why it has been attacked. tyranny is being legitimized and codified. what its backers dont realize, it seems, is that tyranny is similar to god - it is no respecter of persons once it is in full swing.

good luck to all.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)