CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: probiotic foods good or bad?

frostymug Views: 4,185
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,218,025

Re: probiotic foods good or bad?

I strongly suggest only the probiotic foods that are made without any dairy. I stopped drinking kefir and made amazing progress in my fight against candida. Also, if you are going to take probiotics you should also eat foods high in prebiotics. I would suggest you do this only after you have gotten the yeast load on your system way down via antifungals. This will be after months of protocol. Then, by taking high dose probiotics (food and capsules) the prebiotics feed the probiotics increasing their numbers from billions to trillions. Probiotics impact candida mainly by changing the environment in the gut making it unfavorable to yeast growth. This is done by acidifying (mildly acidic) the gut through lactic acid production by the probiotics. Don't let anyone tell you that yeast favors an acidic environment. My favorite prebiotic foods are oat bran cereal (NOT OATMEAL) and almond butter that contains no Sugar (most brands have sugar). Trader Joe's almond butter is Sugar free as well as a brand carried by Amazon that I've never tried but I did see one time. There are other prebiotic foods. Onions are high in prebiotics especially raw onion. I eat sweet onion raw. Don't let that fool you, they are not really sweet but compared to a regular onion they could be considered so. I find them delicious and I only eat a couple of slices with meals a day. I don't sit down and eat a whole raw onion. Below is a link describing other prebiotic foods but I want to repeat the caution that prebiotics should only be taken after you have gotten your fungal load way down by following protocol and antifungal therapy for months. This is not something that is done at the beginning of treatment of candida.

http://www.prebiotin.com/foods-containing-prebiotics/

Forget about eating the last three foods on that list. Wheat and banana are off-limits for candida sufferers. Also, I've come to be cautious about taking too much garlic. A little garlic is fine but a whole lot will kill good bacteria. Garlic is sometimes referred to as "Russian Penicillin". Think about it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)