CureZone   Log On   Join
Manuka honey-my dyshidrotic eczema cure

Views: 12,339
Published: 10 y

Manuka honey-my dyshidrotic eczema cure

I'll start out by saying I never went to a doctor for this but my symptoms were all there-small itchy bumps filled with liquid that were usually in clusters, sometimes singe bumps. It got the worst as the temps increased but I'd occasionally get them in the winter. The only way to relieve the itching was to drain them like you would a blister, after draining they'd sometimes fill up with liquid again. I only experienced them on my feet-the sole of my foot and the outside side of my foot, sometimes between my toes. After the vesicles dried out, the skin would become dry and cracked. I had it for 3 years but didn't research until after I'd had it for about 18 months. Without a doctors diagnosis I'm 99.9% sure I had dyshidrotic eczema. I've also had problems with boils and had read about the use of Manuka honey to treat them instead of using doctor prescribed Antibiotics . After reading others experiences with doctor prescribed creams to treat the dyshidrotic eczema, I wasn't too eager to head to the doctor to pay a copay and more $ for prescriptions that may or may not work. When my foot was probably at its worst ( one big cluster of open, sore vesicles). I figured it couldn't hurt to try the honey, so I put a thin layer of honey, and a piece of gauze warped around my foot, then a thin cotton sock. I did this for 5 days and I haven't had the dyshidrotic eczema since. I didn't change anything else -I continued using all my same smelly Bath and Body works lotions, my usual diet, and have worn all the same shoes and flip flops. I used the Manuka honey from Trader Joes which is a UMF+10, but I have read that it should be a higher number. Hopefully this helps someone else out, as dealing with this for 3 years was awful.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)