CureZone   Log On   Join
Gastroparesis : Delayed Gastric Emptying

Trudie33 Views: 8,569
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,157,328

Gastroparesis : Delayed Gastric Emptying

I will try to keep it brief. A couple years ago I started noticing a smell. I couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was coming from but it was extremely embarrassing. Some people could smell it, others couldn't. That's when I knew it wasn't all in my head. I have had stomach issues all my life and I assumed that you could do whatever lotions, creams and mixtures on the outside but the odor had to be coming from inside. I went to my doc . She couldn't smell anything but believed me. I was sent for a breath test. I had an empty stomach and they had me drink a sugary drink. I had to breath in a tube every 15 minutes for a few hours. After and hour or so they said I failed and sent me home. I received a call from the doc who said I had a bacterial overgrowth. I started an Antibiotic immediately and the smell went away. I started on a probiotic which helped put good bacteria back in my intestines to break down the food. All was well. Wish it ended there but I kept getting the overgrowth.

I had a gastric emptying study and that's when they found out my stomach was not digesting properly. After 2 hours your stomach should be empty, depending on what you ate. I still had 60% left. The food sitting so long is what was causing the overgrowth and the smell.

Diagnosis: Gastroparesis : Delayed Gastric Emptying

Now that I know the problem, I have adjusted my diet. I eat small meals and snack. Easier on my stomach. Worst part is anything tough to digest. I can't eat fresh fruit and veggies. Because of the waxy coating my stomach can't digest them. I am learning to juice and supplement. No steak. :(. Every day is a struggle but now that I know what the problem is, I can control it better. It's still trial and error. I had a meal yesterday that was too big in portion size and the smell is back today. I have a running prescription for the Antibiotics so I will start on them again. There are a lot more details but I hope this helps someone. I had never heard of this disease so when I was told I had it I was pretty scared but at least I knew and I now I can control it somewhat. Some people are really really bad off. There are a lot of more severe symptoms so I thank God that I am not as bad off as some. Again, I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)