CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: question about spinal cord stimulator

turtlepanther Views: 2,118
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,094,676

Re: question about spinal cord stimulator

I do not know if you are still planning on the SCS, but I have had one since January. There are good parts about it and bad, but if you can go without one, that would be best. Anytime that you have surgery, there is a toll that your body will take. There are some good things; It made it so that I can take some steps without being in total pain. There are adjustable settings that you can adjust depending on your needs. Some bad things (that I have experienced) may not be bad for everyone. Have to be careful on movements, sudden stresses affect shock going down leg. Cannot sleep with it turned on. Cannot lay down (changes in spinal position affects intensity.) Cannot pick things up, doesn't always give the best results. Has to be changed every 2-5 years surgically. Every experience is different, and if it gives you the chance to have a decent life that you can get back to doing some fun things, it might be worth it. A lot to think about, just go in knowing that there are downsides to everything. If you would like more info, please let me know. Take care.

Mike

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.066 sec, (1)