CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Does the Mirena cause yeast infections

Prett1npunk Views: 49,155
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 1,890,355

Re: Does the Mirena cause yeast infections

I have been on the Mirena for about 2 years now, i have had a reoccurring yeast infection and also a few cases of Bacterial vaginosis. Most of the time i strictly have yeast infections. I have been told that i have low acidity, also have been checked for any STD by swabs and blood work. I have not been checked for diabetes yet. I have always had a yeast infection here and there, but not all the time, not like this.

My Doctor doesn't care in the slightest that I'm suffering. She reminds me not to wash with soap and sends me off with a pill. I get a infection MONTHLY. i use the over the counter Monistat as much as i can, hoping the yeast doesn't become resistant to me using it all the time. I eat yogurt when i can, but i don't take the probiotic pills, that's next on my list along with an ACV bath.

I didn't have this problem prior to having an IUD, but my doctor swears that my IUD has nothing to do with my infection. I tell her that i find information online with others relating to issues i have, she says everyone is wrong. My doctor doesn't understand because she is not the one having to suffer the discomfort, discharge, pain during sex, nothing. I feel like I'm wasting her time every time i go in for help.

I've asked her to put me on a more aggressive treatment. I was given 3 diflucan to take every three days. Its been about 2 weeks and my infection came back even worse than before. I would get discharge without having an itch, now that its back I've got it all; irritation, itching, redness, discharge.

If there is a way to Keep my IUD and take the probiotic pills, eat the yogurt, and have a ACV bath every so often to keep my PH balanced it would be WONDERFUL.

If i cant find that balance I'll have to make the decision of switching birth control or even tubal Ligation. I wouldn't mind the Tubal Ligation at all i have two children already and don't want any more, I just don't want to have a period and i like that my IUD does that for me.

It also helps level me out as far as Migraine headaches.

I've had other doctors Prescribe me Boric Acid suppositories that seemed to give me enough acid to keep the yeast at bay. But again my doctor warns against it and rather me just take Diflucan. Shoot my doctor even says dont waste my time or money buying Probiotic Pills. But there has to be something we can do to get under control.

Thanks Everyone for posting!! We should be talking about this stuff rather than keeping it behind doors. there are others out there who suffer like us and need this information. so who cares if its not socially accepted to talk about; I'm glad you did and I'm glad i found this forum!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.516 sec, (2)