CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: New Poster and 1.5 year sufferer of Scalp/Forehead folliculitis

grjam Views: 5,452
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,103,672

Re: New Poster and 1.5 year sufferer of Scalp/Forehead folliculitis

My story sounds remarkably familiar to yours. I have been dealing with FD for several years. I was officially diagnosed by my local derm just shy of two years ago.

I have been on every Antibiotic and combination of Antibiotic available with no success. The two options provided by my derm that I have not yet tried are accutane and soriatane. There are actually a few people on here who have had success with accutane so I'm thinking it is probably worth a shot. If the side effects are nasty I can always just quit taking it.

The worst part of the disease for me is the constant scab/crust I have on the top of my scalp. It is constantly uncomfortable and feels tight. My derm actually scraped it off a few months ago referring to it as "adipose" tissue. It simply grew right back.

Cultures of my scalp have revealed: MRSA (the first culture and only positive MRSA result), Staph Aureas (all cultures except the last one) and Klebsiella (the most recent culture).

It is definitely a disheartening disease. I mean, I can't go and do things that most people would take for granted like getting a haircut. My sister is kind enough to cut my hair but I can tell she thinks it is completely gross. Of course, there are always the comments from random people asking "what happened to your head?"

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.061 sec, (1)