CureZone   Log On   Join
Washing produce? Tap water contaminates? What to do?

Views: 7,450
Published: 11 y

Washing produce? Tap water contaminates? What to do?

ill try to keep this brief. the title is basically what i have been wondering about... but ill explain my current methods.

just recently i have started eating LOTS of produce. more than i ever had before in my life. my health has been doing...a little better, but i realize that im still not completely doing everything right.

the main catch 22 for me seems to be washing produce, with tap water. i want the microbes/parasites/pesticides off my produce, but by washing it with h.pylori/floridated/cholorinated water... am i really just making a new problem? what is a better option?

more info:
I am no longer *drinking* tap water, and when i wash my produce, i use a non-toxic vegetable wash (i know that food grade hydrogen peroxide is most recommended but i haven't got it yet), but i am also still rinsing it with tap water. I make the tap water run as hot as it will get in hopes it is killing off some of the flouride/microbes/etc because, as im sure everyone on this water forum knows, tap water has ALOT of carcinogens and toxicities in it.

my primary concerns are fluoride, chlorine and most specifically H.PYLORI.

i have read that h.pylori is KNOWN to be in various concentrations in most major cities water supplies. this is terrifying!! i have done some research on it and understand it is thought to be a primary precursor microbe to cancer and various degenerative conditions. i definitely want it OUT of my daily intake, but im not sure what to do about washing veggies.

should i use my purified/treated water in a bowl to wash vegetables instead? that seems excessive to me, but if its what you gotta do, im up for it.

am i over-concerned and does it really even matter to wash vegetables with h.pylori? does it evaporate or die off after a few minutes? lol? i just really cant find out directions for proper washing of vegetables/fruits.

everyone says to eat raw and eat organic... but to me it seems you will just increase bad microbes/ parasites by not washing this produce thoroughly... which is also why i have taken more to frying/boiling vegetables lightly with olive oil instead of juicing them or eating them raw. it feels *safer* to me that even if i am sacrificing some of their nutrients and enzymes, at least i am not reinfecting myself with more parasites/microbes/toxicities in tap water.

thanks for any suggestions!! this water thing really has me stumped.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)