CureZone   Log On   Join
Dog with nasal cancer Essiac Tea Questions

outis Views: 6,133
Published: 11 y

Dog with nasal cancer Essiac Tea Questions

Hello, I'm really hoping some pet owners with experience can help! Our 11 year-old husky was diagnosed with nasal cancer after we noticed a bump on her nose and bloody mucous coming from her nostrils. We decided not to pursue aggressive treatment as the doctor said it would be painful and there is very little guarantee it will produce any results. Plus, I just lost my mother to cancer treatments--the cancer didn't kill her the chemo did, so I've seen first hand how much more harm than good they do.

She was my mother's dog and has had chronic asthma her whole life. The doctors pumped her so full of prednisone, she developed Cushings. I weaned her off of that when she came to live with us and the symptoms have cleared up, but she still has a horrible cough. I think the prednisone suppressed her immune system so much, cancer was allowed to take hold. We have done $3000 worth of tests and she was diagnosed with nasal carcinoma in both nostrils.

I started her on Essiac last week. First a tincture and then yesterday the tea. My first question is, her tumor has DOUBLED in size in this amount of time. I have read that sometimes the tumor will swell before it softens, but I am very worried as the swelling is almost closing one of her eyes (her tumor is near her left eye) and her eye is weeping grey gunk. Does this mean I am giving her too much? Has anyone experienced this? I am so worried I am speeding the cancer up. It's very frightening.

Today she started foaming at the mouth. Is this a sign of detoxing? Or is it something more worrisome?

She is very lethargic and has no appetite. Her urination is fine but she rarely defecates. I was actually hoping the laxative effect of the tea might help with this. I switched her a month ago to a raw meaty bones diet, 80% meat 10% organs 10% bone, but often it's just chicken meat as that is all she'll eat. Eggs make her very gassy so I stopped giving her those. I also give her colostrum and olive leaf extract.

We so wish there was something we could do to help her. She is such a sweet and gorgeous dog. If anyone has any suggestions at all, please let me know.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)